VP of Engineering
We have an opportunity for an experienced manager in the Welltech product company as a VP of Engineering.
If you have experience in setting up processes and activities in a medium-sized team of 100 to 300 people and you strive to grow and drive the company, this opportunity will interest you. With your expertise, our development team will establish top-notch processes that will take our development culture and product quality to the next level.
What are we doing?
Here at Welltech, we promote healthy lifestyles for millions of our customers by building top-notch and easily accessible digital products. We have brilliant mobile products that improve the health of millions of people around the world every day.
Why are we doing this?
Since we launched our first product, Welltech has been working to master the everyday positive health habits of its users. During 4 years of successful operation on the global market, we have demonstrated excellent results:
- The company is in the world's TOP3 (H&F) publishers in terms of sales revenue
- There are 5+ products in our portfolio, 3 of which are undisputed leaders in their subcategories
- Downloads increased - from 15+ million in 2019 to 200+ million in 2022
- We’ve built a great team of 500+ professionals and created a strong corporate culture.
All our efforts work to provide motivation to millions of people to be healthy and strong, to improve their appearance through new types of everyday activities, to support them through healthy new habits and behaviours in this game-changing cycle and give them stability and confidence in their daily activities.
Why do we have those openings?
As we want our business to scale, continue to grow and deliver success to our users, we need to empower and lead our teams of developers and engineers, collaborate with the VP of Product (peer) and VP of Development/Head of DevOps/Head of Project managers (subordinates), and improve company policies and standards.
To be successful as a VP of Engineering, you should have prior organizational leadership experience, be able to collaborate with team members, and be a strategic problem-solver. Ultimately, a top-notch VP of Engineering should demonstrate excellent communication skills, an ability to connect with other engineers and developers, and have a solid foundation in software design.
What professional skills do we expect?
- Experience (three years) in the role of Engineering VP/Manager/Director/Head or Director of Delivery in different companies
- Proven track record in the role emphasizing your leadership and organizational skills in managing tech teams
- Extensive experience in working with stakeholders to create hiring strategies to develop quality teams
- Previous working experience in product companies with web/mobile development
- Proven experience with AWS tech stack
- Previous experience with establishing successful CI/CD processes for Web stack (we use Python/React) and mobile stack (we use Swift/Kotlin)
- Experience in budgets development and their approval and cost optimization
- Experience in setting and controlling individuals/teams OKRs
- Advanced English
- Native Ukrainian and know Russian
What else is crucial for us?
- Strong leadership skills. You take responsibility for the success of the teams
- Good communication skills. You are able to explain complex ideas to stakeholders at many levels
- Troubleshooting skills
- Optimization and growth vision
- Drive to innovation
What to do as a VP of Engineering?
- People management: lead the teams through management and mentorship
- Contribute to recruitment activities
- Develop standards and procedures to ensure that quality standards are met and are consistent across all teams
- Recommend technological improvements
- Be directly responsible for product stability and uptime
- Create an environment for successful R&D in the health&fitness technologies
- Build and develop a successful and efficient delivery organization
- Review and approve budgets
- Constantly work to develop cost optimization
What VP of Engineering should Not do:
- Day-to-day technical work
- Doesn’t make tech decisions
- Project management
- Product management or Business analysis
VP of Engineering 90:
- Gain knowledge about the existing organization and processes
- Establish communication with superiors, peers and subordinates
- Need to find and solve at least one existing problem
- Need to make an internal audit of existing teams and processes
- Need to propose optimal org structure and changes to existing processes that will allow further scaling
Team size and where is it based?
We have teams in Ukraine, Cyprus and Poland with tech leads, backend, frontend developers, devops, product and project managers, data engineers etc. Company size - 80 team members. We expect to grow by next year +40.
You will incorporate all working activities with the VP of Product (peer) and VP of Development/Head of DevOps/Head of Project managers (subordinates)
Do we need English, and what proficiency?
As Welltech is worldwide, at least an advanced level is a must, both in verbal and written communication.
What interesting challenges are you going to face?
Build new teams and improve all current processes, grow development and delivery to the next level of quality
- Is there a probation period, and how long does it last? - Yes, 3 months
- What is the work schedule? - Flexible, from 10am till 6pm
- Is it possible to work remotely? - You may work remotely, but in Cyprus location
- What about location? - We expect a candidate to work from Cyprus
- A number of vacation days, sick days? - 20 paid vacation days per year, paid sick leaves.
- Social package and benefits (medical insurance, other)? - We are ready to cover all the necessities.
- Is there a test task? - No.
How many stages of the interview?
- Intro call with a recruiter (1 hour)
- Interview with Management (1 hour)
- Technical interview (1 hour)
- Final talk with CEO and ex-CPO, GM in Cyprus + meeting with a collaboration team
If you like the vacancy, please send us your CV.