Server Engineer - Scala
We are looking for a Server Engineer - Scala in the Wix product company, Kyiv.
Further – more, in the Q&A.
What are we doing?
In general Wix.com develops a complete set of specialized free tools so that any Internet user can create a stunning professional website.
Wix’s Server Engineering team where lead developers shape the architecture of our backend microservices. They set the tone and standard of our developer culture, fusing facets of engineering, product management, DevOps, analytics, and technical management. They’re also mentors, helping less-experienced engineers improve and hone their skills so that they are eventually capable of being tech leads themselves.
The Wix development culture is transparent, highly technical, and agile. Because we ship often, we’ve happily adopted Continuous Delivery and Test-Driven Development. Our primary technologies on server side are JVM (mostly in Scala) and Node JS. We develop and maintain highly scalable systems that support Wix’s tens of millions of users — and the people who visit their websites. We strive to hire engineers who have ‘fire and forget’ abilities, and who are independent, innovative, and bold.
Why are we doing this?
We bring value to Internet users by making it easier for them to do business online with an all in one solution.
How are we as a company different from others? Why is it worth working with us?
Because in our company there are:
- a special engineering culture: we hold specialized development events, our engineers take an active part in communities development, we contribute a lot to open source
- an opportunity to decide how the product will develop
- an opportunity to see the result of your work every day and to grow professionally
- 5000+ people, but at the same time we develop the culture and atmosphere of a startup: the company adheres to the structure of guilds, the Spotify model
- 60% of employees are engineers
What professional skills are important to us?
An awesome, motivated developer with experience using Java server-side technologies in a web environment. You’re interested in Scala or have experience with it, as well as an in-depth understanding of OOP, SOLID and know functional programming principles. You care about design, are passionate about TDD methodology and microservices architecture, take responsibility and can work independently. You’re flexible and willing to adjust to context changes. Plus, you’re an open-minded self-learner, trying to keep in touch with what happens around you. You want to play in the team and help it succeed. People enjoy working with you.
Do you need English, and at what level?
Yes, English is required, Intermediate+ level.
What to do in a project?
- Work on a distributed CQRS & Event Sourcing product vertical built with TDD on Scala.
- Take ownership of continuous delivery directly to millions of users all over the world.
- Cope with exciting challenges of scaling the system as well as integration with 3rd party systems.
- Handle all aspects of software development: architecture, design, development, build, deployment, monitoring, and operations.
Why was the position opened?
Our company is growing and developing various products, requiring new team members.
- Is there a trial period? – No.
- What is the work schedule? – From 09:00/10:00 till 18:00/19:00.
- Is it possible to work remotely? – Yes.
- Number of vacation days? – 22 business days of vacation.
- Are business trips possible? – Depends on the epidemiological situation in the world.
- Social package (medical insurance, other): employment as sole entrepreneur, medical insurance, English courses, sports, equipment is provided.
1. Technical interview – 1.45 hours
- algorithmic task
- design task
2. Online coding - 2,5 hours
3. Guild interview – 1.5 hours
4. Interview with Team Lead – 1 hour5. HR interview – 1.5 hours
If you like the vacancy, please send us your CV.