Full Stack Software Engineer (Remote Anywhere within GMT-5 to GMT+3)
What are we doing?
- We are a venture-backed startup built by ex-Googler data enthusiasts. Datamilk is an AI-first company that promotes the use of AI to fix the internet.
- Our goal is to enable more websites to use AI in order to improve those website's user experience.
- The company raised $5 million from big_bets, RTP Global, and Angel Invest, with participation from Matthew Freud and the founders of digital commerce platform VTEX.
How are we as a company different from others? Why is it worth going to us?
Watch this Elon Musk video which summarizes our view of the problem we’re solving.
We shaped Google’s engineering management approaches to a remote working environment. If you are interested to see how Silicon Valley software engineering processes can be adapted to a fully remote environment across all timezones and continents you'll find DataMilk interesting. We believe that remote work is the future of software development. Why are we doing this? We're on a mission to make the internet a few percentage points better to use. We think AI is a new and untapped lever for this improvement.
What tasks are we currently working on?
We are working on e-commerce website optimization. Our customers add a snippet of code to their web site and we automatically add Smart UX components that use data and machine learning to provide a more effective experience and increase revenue for our customers.
You will do all aspects of software engineer from gathering requirements, creating designs, implementing, testing, and getting software to production.
What are the opportunities for growth and development on this project?
You do as much as you can and want to (design, implementation, testing, strategy, etc). We have are very experienced and talented software engineers with 10-15+ years of experience each who can provide mentorship as desired. Co-workers are also very talented and experienced so we all learn from each other.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- 4 years of software development experience
- Data-driven person with ability to analyze and interpret big data problems
- In-depth knowledge of how the web works
- Experience building products using Cloud infrastructure providers (Google, Amazon, Microsoft, etc.)
- Deep understanding of frontend, web rendering stack (HTML for example)
- Experience building infrastructures, frameworks, and tools to improve developer experience and speed up development, testing and release
- Knowledge of computer science, algorithms, data structures
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Good project management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Relentless ambition
- Experience with Machine Learning
- Knowledge on networks and website speed optimization
What else is important to us?
We need a person with leadership skills who'll be close to the business, a curious skeptic who is humble and ambitious at the same time, and believes the only way to resolve an argument is by Data.
When interfacing with a business you will need to summarize possible outcomes and options, and their strengths and weaknesses. Nobody can predict the future-seeing and articulating some of the possible paths is what we need help with.
Why was the position opened?
We are just about to enter a growth phase in the business which means we’re aggressively increasing our headcounts primarily across engineering and AI departments.
Team size and structure?
The team size is about 25 people. You’ll work in conjunction with CTO and CEO, VP infrastructure. And also your team of DS and ML.
Who works in our team?
- Founder and CEO - Peter Szalontay
- CTO - Cristiano Carvalho
- Еngineering managers: Doron Gan, Diego Fernandes, Vinicius Zani
- Is there a probation and how long does it last? - There is no concept of probation.
- What is the work schedule? – There’s a completely asynchronous working environment. Exceptions: meetings that are agreed by the individuals or at the team level that are necessary.
- Is it possible to work remotely? - Vacancy is completely remote.
- Number of vacation days, sick days? – Unlimited. We only require your success.
- Is there a prospect of business trips, and where? – We have company offsites on an annual/semi-annual basis where we meet up in a beautiful location.
- Social package (medical insurance, other)? – We discuss it individually.
If you like the vacancy, please send us your CV.