— Senior C/C++ Developer
We are looking for a Senior C/C++ Developer in a Massive product startup, fully remote.
Further - more, in the Q&A.
What are we doing?
We built a new business model for the internet. The Massive SDK is an alternative to current online monetization. The SDK lets developers charge their users for premium services and in-app items with a little bit of their unused computing resources, rather than ads or money.
The SDK works by analyzing available resources across Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS devices and making that supply accessible to computing needs on the demand side, including scientific calculations, cryptocurrency mining, Monte Carlo simulations, and bandwidth sharing.
Why are we doing this?
The startup’s goal is to build a two-sided marketplace for compute power. That means lots more users offering up a slice of their computing power, future acceptance of mobile devices, and a broader partner list.
Why join Massive?
- We’re solving some of the biggest networking and infrastructure challenges to help re-decentralized the internet. You’ll work on novel projects that grow your expertise and your innovation is welcome.
- Work when you want, from where you want. Our northstar is the quality and impact of work. We encourage finding the smartest ways to solve problems, rather than the most arduous.
- We’re a fully distributed team. Work from wherever you want (as long as you have good bandwidth).
- Our leadership team is comprised of serial entrepreneurs. We’ve built successful companies and aim to create a relaxed environment where engineers can focus on the projects that keep them happy and challenged at work.
What professional skills are important to us?
- 5+ years of C++ experience
- 3+ years of experience developing applications for Windows
- Experience in cross-platform development
- Experience developing and maintaining an SDK
- Knowledge of CMake
- Experience building user interfaces
- Experience with unit testing
- Experience with source control (Git)
- Good understanding of IP, TCP, and UDP network protocols
- Experience with systems programming and network programming
- Strong communication skills, ability to take ownership
- Understanding of company objectives and how to meet goals efficiently
Would be a plus:
- Сommand of C#, Go, or Rust languages
- Experience with cloud REST API integrations for client-side applications
- Experience with WebRTC or other streaming clients
- Experience with interprocess interaction (XPC, sockets, agents, daemons, and helpers)
- Experience collecting telemetry from networks and clients
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment services (e.g., AppVeyor)
What to do in the project?
- Build new in house application powered by Massive
- Work on partner integrations and the client SDK
- Design and implement new functionality
- Bring innovations and new solutions to current and future challenges
- Define and implement product key metrics
- Work in cross-platform implementation (Windows and macOS)
The main stack: С/C++, C#, Node.js, Python, AWS.
Why was the position opened?
Our company is growing, and experienced specialists are needed.
Team size and structure?
Up to 20 team members. 6 backend developers, designer, frontend engineer.
Who are the people who make the technical decisions on the project?
Jason Grad, Co-founder and CEO: Top-1% Yelp sales rep and founding member of Yelp’s national sales team; founder of 2 successfully acquired venture-backed startups, Cheerful and RCVR
Brian Kennish, Co-founder and CTO: Pre-IPO Google engineer, on the teams that launched Google’s first 3 APIs then the Chrome browser; developer of 7 subsequent apps with 1M+ active users, including Disconnect (privacy software available on ~1B users’ computers) and Adblock Fast (an ad blocker with 10M+ users)
Who works for us?
You will work closely with outstanding engineers like Konstantin Kifishin and Volodymyr Rudenko.
Do you need English, and at what level?
The primary language of communication in the company is English.
Is there a trial period, and how long does it last? - Trial period lasts 3 months.
Overtime, how often? - We don’t have a special policy about overtime, as long as your job gets done.
What is the work schedule? - Flexible working hours. We have a couple of meetings in a week
Is it possible to work remotely? - It's a fully remote job.
A number of vacation days? - Unlimited sick and vacation days (with at least two weeks notice provided)
Is there a prospect of business trips, and where? - Not foreseen soon.
Social package (medical insurance, other): Medical insurance reimbursement, compensation of home setup, equity incentive plan (when the company wins, we all win together)
Is there a test task? - No. We have some screening questions
Interview in English? - Yes.
How many stages of the interview?
- Intro call with a recruiter (30 min)
- Technical interview (60-90 min)
- Interview with manager (30-60 min)
- Interview with CEO (30 min)
If you like the vacancy, please send us your CV.