Senior 3D Generalist
We are looking for a Senior 3D Generalist in DRESSX product startup to create new experiences for fashion retail and AR.
Further - more, in the Q&A.
What are we doing?
DRESSX is the biggest digital fashion marketplace partnering with some of the greatest tech and fashion companies in the world to bring the vision of the digital future of fashion to life. Founded around the strong ethos of sustainability, DRESSX aims to show that some clothes don't have to be produced. They can only exist in their digital versions, worn across various virtual platforms without polluting the environment.
We are a team of believers based in the cloud between Los Angeles and Ukraine, working with partners across the globe and united by the big mission to disrupt the fashion industry.
DRESSX closed investment rounds from investors such as Universal Music, u.ventures, Alpha Edison, and The Artemis Fund.
Why are we doing this?
We strongly believe that the amount of clothing produced today is way more significant than humanity needs. We share the beauty and excitement that physical fashion creates, but we believe that there are ways to produce less, to produce more sustainably, and not to produce at all. At the current stage of DRESSX development, we aim to show that some clothes can exist only in their digital versions.
DRESSX prevents producing items that might only be worn once or twice, thus successfully decoupling financial growth from the extraction of raw materials. In digital garment production, the main goal is not the speed of production but the quality. Still, the speed is much faster than the production of physical clothes, which means the demand for fast fashion can be satisfied with digital-only fashion without using raw materials. The item is 3D rendered and can be used endlessly.
How are we doing?
DRESSX is curating designers across the globe to deliver use cases of wearing digital fashion across the metaverse, in augmented reality and games. Every DRESSX item can be optimized for various environments.
In May 2022, LVMH selected DRESSX as the finalist of their LVMH innovation award and provided 1-year mentorship from their innovation team with an aim to start partnerships between all 76 LVMH companies and DRESSX.
Meta partnered with DRESSX to bring the signature 3D outfits to the Avatars Store. DRESSX becomes the first digital-only fashion company to launch 3D collections following the collaboration announcements from the luxury brands Balenciaga, Prada and Thom Browne.
How old is the project? What stage is it at?
DRESSX was born in 2020, selling digital looks custom-fitted to photos submitted by users. These days, it has expanded to offer augmented reality, and NFT looks that can be ‘worn’ and shared on social media channels.
What to do in a project?
DRESSX is looking for a 3D Generalist with expertise in character modeling, animation and programming to implement 3D models into AR, Avatars and Games within both Unreal and Unity engines. You’ll be working with world leaders in the gaming industry, social media and metaverse (mainly with Meta, and Warner Music, Snap, Roblox, Ready Player Me, Zepeto, etc.).
What you will do with us at DRESSX:
- Develop stylized low-poly 3D models of clothes based on original concept art.
- Skinning and rigging of models for use in AR, Games, Avatars, and Metaverses.
- Develop VFX for digital looks and content.
- Develop AR/VR projects for Lens Studio, Spark AR, Unity, Unreal etc.
- Manage documentation of both new and revised 3D designs.
- Understand the project requirements and develop high quality designs accordingly. Working by guides and artbooks.
- Collaborate on a daily basis with the Product Manager.
- Contribute to building & maintaining design systems that are simple to execute to help us move faster as we scale.
- Work in a small team to iteratively solve problems and improve user experience.
Who are we looking for?
- We are looking for a 3D Specialist who can thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced & deadline-driven environment. Ideally someone from the film production or game industry.
- You have professional experience in game & character design roles. Experience in digital fashion is a plus.
- You can ideate how people wear digital products in AR/VR, Games & Metaverse.
- You have an excellent eye for aesthetic design and customer appeal.
- You have excellent attention to detail.
What professional skills are essential to us?
- 3D Character Modeling.
- Visual Programming.
- Excellent understanding of Unity3D and/or Unreal and Substance Designer.
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience (CG Artist, Animation and/or Visual Effects).
- Experience creating 3D models and implementing Assets in AR/Unreal/Unity, optimization for real-time on mobile.
- Proficiency in Marvelous Designer, Maya, Zbrush.
- Communication and collaboration skills, English - Upper-Intermediate and higher.
- Ability to multitask / highly organized.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of Lens Studio, Spark AR is a plus.
- VFX in Houdini is a plus.
- Programming skills and knowledge of JS, C / C++.
Current team structure?
The team consists of about 10 people: Head of Product, 3D Generalists, AR Lead, Tech Lead, 3D concept designers. You’ll be working with in a pair with other 3D Generalist.
- Is there a trial period, and how long does it last? Yes, 2 months.
- What is the work schedule? Flexible. It's essential to keep in touch throughout the working day and participate in meetings (Los Angeles orientation).
- Is it possible to work remotely? Position completely remote.
- A number of vacation days? By agreement.
- When, how, and in what currency is a salary paid? It is paid in dollars to a currency account.
- Is there a test task? Yes. From a high-poly concept, create a low-poly model according to the guide.
- Interview in English? Yes.
- Is the portfolio required? Yes, with character models.
- Who reviews the resume? Head of Product.
How many stages of the interview, with whom?
- Intro call with a recruiter (30 min)
- Test task.
- Interview with the Head of Product (60 min)
- Interview with the founders (30 min)
If you like the vacancy, please send us your CV.