Frontend Engineer (React)
We are looking for a Frontend Engineer (React/React Native) in a NutriSense product startup, fully remote.
Further - more, in the Q&A.
What are we doing?
NutriSense is an app that analyzes your blood glucose response to food, exercise, stress, and sleep in real time using a glucose tracker (CGM), data analysis software. We work with a team of experienced nutritionists to provide the tools and support our users need to improve their quality of life.
The company is at the stage of active growth. NutriSense raised 2 investment rounds worth 7 million from investors such as Techstars, LAUNCH (Jason Calacanis), and Pin Capital.
Why are we doing this?
NutriSense's mission is to improve the quality of life for users.
What professional skills are important to us?
- 5+ years of React (React Native would be a plus)
- Excellent understanding of software engineering principles
- English: Upper-Intermediate.
React, React Native, Redux, GraphQL, Apollo.
What else is important to us?
- Energy and speed
- High personal motivation
- Ability to communicate
- Product mindset
What to do in the project?
You'll be working on improving our existing mobile experience and driving design and development of our green-field web based experience.
Nearest project roadmap:
- Growing in the number of users (now 5000).
- Building social aspects in the app (chats, groups, results sharing, benchmarking). Make more powerful and active chats (now there is communication only with nutritionists).
- Smart analytics in real time and recommendations.
- Creating a gamification model of goal tracking.
Why was the position opened?
Our company is growing, and for the development of various products experienced specialists are needed.
Team size and structure?
2 Data Scientists, 3 Backend, 2 Frontend and 4 Full-Stack Developers, 1 QA, 4 Product Managers.
Where are the people who make the technical decisions on the project?
In the USA and Canada. CEO and co-founder Alex Skryl and Director of Engineering Ivan Spogreev. The whole team is involved in making technical decisions.
Who works for us?
We employ experienced professionals who contribute to the development of the product because their opinion is valued in the company.
- Is there a probation and how long does it last? - There is no concept of probation.
- Overtime, how often, what is the payment approach? - The team has intensive startup work.
- What is the work schedule? - Flexible working hours (overlaps are required on US central time from 8.00 to 12.00).
- Is it possible to work remotely? - Vacancy is completely remote.
- Number of vacation days? - By agreement.
- Is there a prospect of business trips, and where? - Not provided in the short term.
- Social package (medical insurance, other)? The company is ready to compensate for the costs of insurance, coworking, equipment, education, and payment of options.
- Is there a test? - No.
- Interview in English? - Yes.
- How many stages of the interview?
- Intro call (30 min) with a recruiter
- Intro call (1h) with Director of Engineering and Engineering Manager
- Technical interview + live coding (2-2.5 hours)
If you like the vacancy, please send us your CV.