React Native Developer
We are looking for a React Native Developer in the Wix product company, Kyiv.
Further – more, in the Q&A.
What are we doing?
Wix.com develops a complete set of specialized free tools so that any Internet user can create a stunning professional website.
With Wix products, you can:
- maintain contact with customers and automate work processes;
- organize the sale and payment for goods and services via the Internet;
- create a logo;
- optimize the site for search engines;
- create a promotional video;
- share your story on the blog.
For web application developers, we have Wix's open source Velo platform.
Why are we doing this?
We bring value to Internet users by making it easier for them to do business online with an all in one solution.
How are we as a company different from others? Why is it worth working with us?
Because in our company there are:
- a special engineering culture: we hold specialized development events, our engineers take an active part in communities development, we contribute a lot to open source
- an opportunity to decide how the product will develop
- an opportunity to see the result of your work every day and to grow professionally
- 5000+ people, but at the same time we develop the culture and atmosphere of a startup: the company adheres to the structure of guilds, the Spotify model
- 60% of employees are engineers
What professional skills are important to us?
- We are looking for a React Native Developer with at least 3 years of experience in commercial development (with any technology) on large-scale projects.
- We don't care about experience in React Native. But your desire to develop in this direction is a must have.
What else is important to us?
- You are proactive and eager to constantly learn something new and challenging.
- You know how to solve problems, regardless of their level of complexity.
Do you need English, and at what level?
Yes, English is required, Intermediate+ level.
On Wix products, you will actively use TypeScript, React, React Native, Redux (or Remx, Wix's open-source state manager), GraphQL, and other technologies.
What to do in a project?
- create multifunctional apps with React Native
- work on several projects for an active audience of over 2 million people
- work closely with Product, UX, QA teams, and influence product creation
- work on the application architecture
- follow best coding practices (unit tests, e2e tests, TDD)
Why was the position opened?
Our company is growing and developing various products, requiring new team members.
- Is there a trial period? – No.
- What is the work schedule? – From 09:00/10:00 till 18:00/19:00.
- Is it possible to work remotely? – Yes.
- Number of vacation days? – 22 business days of vacation.
- Are business trips possible? – Depends on the epidemiological situation in the world.
- Social package (medical insurance, other): employment as sole entrepreneur, medical insurance, English courses, sports, equipment is provided.
- Technical interview – 1.5 hours
- Design interview – 1.5 hours
- Acquaintance with the project – 30 minutes
- HR interview – 1.5 hours
If you like the vacancy, please send us your CV.