We’re looking for a Product Manager with a minimum of 3 years of experience in software product management to join Massive, the Top 100 Early Stage Company To Work For in 2022.
We want you to take ownership of current and future products, which have hundreds of thousands of active users across the globe. For Massive, ownership means improving the user experience and retention, defining and prioritizing new features, and managing roadmaps.
Below - further details in the Q&A.
What are we doing?
We built a new business model for the internet. The Massive SDK is an alternative to current online monetization. The SDK lets developers charge their users for premium services and in-app items with a little bit of their unused computing resources, rather than ads or money.
The SDK works by analyzing available resources across Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS devices and making that supply accessible to computing needs on the demand side, including scientific calculations, cryptocurrency mining, Monte Carlo simulations, and bandwidth sharing.
Why are we doing this?
The startup’s goal is to build a two-sided marketplace for compute power. That means lots more users offering up a slice of their computing power, future acceptance of mobile devices, and a broader partner list.
Why join Massive?
- We’re solving some of the biggest networking and infrastructure challenges to help re-decentralize the internet. You’ll work on novel projects that grow your expertise ,and your innovation is welcome.
- Work when you want, from where you want. Our northstar is the quality and impact of work. We encourage finding the smartest ways to solve problems, rather than the most arduous.
- We’re a fully distributed team. Work from wherever you want (as long as you have good bandwidth).
- Our leadership team is comprised of serial entrepreneurs. We’ve built successful companies and aim to create a relaxed environment where engineers can focus on the projects that keep them happy and challenged at work.
What professional skills are important to us?
- 3+ years of modern software product experience - releases, version management, rollouts and rollbacks, agile development, etc.
- Experience working in early-stage startups
- Experience writing user stories and feature breakdowns
- Experience collecting both internal and external customer feedback
- Strong analytical skills, to assess product performance data and the impact of changes
- Ability to generate reports
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Self-starter with excellent time management and organization skills
Nice to have
- 2–3 years of experience as a product manager for a successful product
- Experience in the blockchain space
- UI/UX skills
- Social media skills
- Web marketing experience
- Agile experience
What to do in the project?
- Work with CEO, sales, customers and engineering to select product features and plan releases, documentation, internal & external communications.
- Work with partners to identify their specific product requirements and work with internal teams on the best way to respond. Work with sales on responses.
- Help define and monitor key metrics including growth and engagement.
- Help track of 1000s of details in conjunction with leaders from sales/marketing and engineering.
Who are the people who make the technical decisions on the project?
- Jason Grad, Co-founder and CEO: Top-1% Yelp sales rep and founding member of Yelp’s national sales team; founder of 2 successfully acquired venture-backed startups, Cheerful and RCVR
- Brian Kennish, Co-founder and CTO: Pre-IPO Google engineer, on the teams that launched Google’s first 3 APIs then the Chrome browser; developer of 7 subsequent apps with 1M+ active users, including Disconnect (privacy software available on ~1B users’ computers) and Adblock Fast (an ad blocker with 10M+ users)
- Is there a trial period, and how long does it last? - Trial period lasts 3 months.
- Overtime, how often? - We don’t have a special policy about overtime, as long as your job gets done.
- What is the work schedule? - Flexible working hours. We have a couple of meetings in a week at 9-10 a.m PT.
- Is it possible to work remotely? - It's a fully remote job.
- A number of vacation days? - Unlimited PTO and sick days (with at least two weeks notice provided)
- Is there a prospect of business trips, and where? - Not foreseen soon.
- Is relocation possible? - Not provided.
- Benefits: stock options, health insurance (medical, dental, vision), 401K Retirement Plan, $50,000 Life Insurance, $500 WFH reimbursement, ClassPass Membership/sport activities
- Is there a test task? - No.
- Interview in English? - Yes.
How many stages of the interview?
As the role is of high degree of influence the process includes:
- Intro call with recruiter - 60 min
- Interview with Adam, acting Director of Engineering/Investor&Advisor - 60 min
- Interview with founders/leads/other ICs - tbc
- Reference checks
If you like the vacancy, please send us your CV.