Frontend Team Lead
We are looking for a Frontend Team Lead in the Wix product company, Kyiv.
Further – more, in the Q&A.
What are we doing?
Wix.com develops a complete set of specialized free tools so that any Internet user can create a stunning professional website.
With Wix products, you can:
- maintain contact with customers and automate work processes;
- organize the sale and payment for goods and services via the Internet;
- create a logo;
- optimize the site for search engines;
- create a promotional video;
- share your story on the blog.
For web application developers, we have Wix's open source Velo platform.
Why are we doing this?
We bring value to Internet users by making it easier for them to do business online with an all in one solution.
How are we as a company different from others? Why is it worth working with us?
Because in our company there are:
- a special engineering culture: we hold specialized development events, our engineers take an active part in communities development, we contribute a lot to open source
- an opportunity to decide how the product will develop
- an opportunity to see the result of your work every day and to grow professionally
- 5000+ people, but at the same time we develop the culture and atmosphere of a startup: the company adheres to the structure of guilds, the Spotify model
- 60% of employees are engineers
What professional skills are important to us?
- A leader who can create a vision for the team and lead people throughout its execution. You have at least 2 years’ experience in leading a team of 2 or more engineers, and want to mentor other engineers. You’re flexible, passionate, intelligent, a good listener and unafraid to share your opinions.
- You also have experience in unit and E2E testing, have written production code, are familiar with software engineering practices (testing, code reviews, pair-programming, TDD, etc.), and are aware of bad practices and anti-patterns.
Do you need English, and at what level?
Yes, English is required, Intermediate+ level.
Most Wix products are developed using React (with Redux, MobX, Apollo) as well as TypeScript.
What to do in a project?
- Manage a team of 2-4 engineers.
- Work as a part of the team in hands-on development at least 60% of the time.
- Mentor and advise the team in code review, pair-programming and more.
- See the big picture of group tasks in order to make the best decisions about priorities.
- Share knowledge between your team and other teams in the group.
- Discover the technical debt & challenges and assist in solving them.
Why was the position opened?
Our company is growing and developing various products, requiring new team members.
- Is there a trial period? – No.
- What is the work schedule? – From 09:00/10:00 till 18:00/19:00.
- Is it possible to work remotely? – Yes.
- Number of vacation days? – 22 business days of vacation.
- Are business trips possible? – Depends on the epidemiological situation in the world.
- Social package (medical insurance, other): employment as sole entrepreneur, medical insurance, English courses, sports, equipment is provided.
- Technical interview – 1.5 hours
- Design interview – 1.5 hours
- Acquaintance with the project – 30 minutes
- HR interview – 1.5 hours
If you like the vacancy, please send us your CV.