— DevOps Lead
We are seeking a DevOps Lead who will join the legendary team in the Infrastructure squad and help build and maintain a robust and scalable infrastructure for a big-data, high-load, Artificial intelligence and Machine Learning, and fast-paced project.
More in Q&A.
What are we doing?
Letyshops is shopping community. We have saved our users $100M, intending to put Ukraine on the tech map of the world. Now, we're aiming to save users $100M weekly with a new, revolutionary product set to transform shopping worldwide.
How do we do?
Instead of spending on advertising, stores pay us money to bring in new customers. If a customer buys from one of these stores, we give them a portion of the money back. This is cashback! In this way, the store gets customers, we get our commission, and the client gets the opportunity to get some of his money back for online purchases.
Perspectives and plans for the company/product?
We are building a new product and creating three new horizontal teams within it: Group Shopping, Foundation and Community Platform and Intelligent Discovery. These teams will play a key role in shaping the future of our platform, taking our company to new heights and delivering an unprecedented customer experience.
The Infrastructure team will lay the foundation for our growth and scalability. You will have the unique opportunity to design and implement robust systems that will support our expanding operations. From optimizing performance to ensuring the security and stability of our platform, your contributions will be vital in shaping the future of our company.
- Minimum 2 years of working DevOps Lead / DevOps Architect
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- In-depth knowledge and experience with relevant technologies and tools such as
cloud platforms (AWS),
CI/CD tools (GitLab CI/CD),
scripting languages (Python, Go, Bash),
monitoring and logging tools, and networking concepts.
- Confirmed experience designing, building, and operating high-load infrastructures
- Deep knowledge of security best practices and experience implementing and maintaining compliance.
- Strong knowledge and hands-on experience with IaC tools such as Terraform, Ansible, or CloudFormation.
- Experience in project management, including planning, organizing, and coordinating complex projects with multiple stakeholders and cross-functional teams.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with monitoring tools and practices, including tools like Prometheus, Grafana, ELK.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with databases PostgreSQL and MongoDB.
- Experience with various communication protocols and standards, such as HTTP, REST, SOAP, MQTT, gRPC, etc.
- Experience with caching and performance tools like Redis, Memcached, and others.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with Apache Kafka and RabbitMQ.
- Proficient in English - B2+
- Work closely with the CTO and other staff engineers to improve and maintain overall system performance and to develop and improve the company's technical strategy.
- Develop and implement strategies and best practices to achieve and maintain high system reliability, availability, scalability, and performance corresponding to the organization's goals and challenges.
- Team leads a team of DevOps engineers, providing guidance, mentoring and support, facilitating effective communication and knowledge sharing between teams and departments.
- Build and maintain a robust CI/CD pipeline by automating build, test, and deployment processes.
- Infrastructure automation, implementation of Infrastructure as Code (IaC) practices, implementation and support of scalable and reliable infrastructure solutions.
- Implement and maintain monitoring and logging solutions to detect performance issues early and ensure availability and reliability of systems.
- Implementing and maintaining security practices and methods and ensuring compliance with security standards and regulations.
- Interact with stakeholders, including developers, staff engineers, and engineering managers, to understand requirements, provide regular updates and ensure alignment between DevOps initiatives and other requirements.
- Solving complex technical problems, analyzing root causes, and implementing preventive measures. Collaborate with teams to troubleshoot and resolve system failures and performance bottlenecks.
What else is important to us about this person?
We value honesty and independence. Tolerance for lack of processing and uncertainty. Inevitable success and passion grow together.
Why did we open the position?
We are building new products and a new business infrastructure unit for this aim.
Prospects for growth/development for this position?
A strong blue-collar team with which you will have an excellent opportunity to grow professionally.
Team size and structure
DevOps Lead + 2 DevOps Engineers at new Infrastructure team
Where are the people who make technical decisions on the project?
Kyiv and Vinnytsia
Yevhen Kovalevskyi - VP of Engineering
Pavlo Bromirskiy - CTO
Our benefits or why with us you will feel confidence:
- Generous time off: Enjoy 20 working days of annual paid vacation and paid sick leaves to use as needed.
- Flexible working hours: We understand that life happens, so we offer flexible working hours to help you balance work and personal commitments.
- Remote-friendly: Work from anywhere with our remote-friendly policy, giving you the freedom to work in a way that suits your lifestyle.
- Language classes: Improve your language skills with our English classes and speaking clubs, helping you to communicate more effectively with colleagues and partners.
- Education compensation: We believe in investing in our employees' growth, which is why we offer 50% compensation for external education to help you develop new skills and further your career.
- Cashback benefits: Get more for your money with our X2 cashback on letyshops.com.
- Cozy office: Our workspace is designed to help you feel comfortable and productive, where you can easily find everything for work, rest, and leisure.
- Growth opportunities: We believe in helping our employees reach their full potential, which is why we offer opportunities for growth and development within the company`s fast-paced environment
- Employment - through the Дія.Сity in Ukraine and B2B type of contract in Europe location
How many stages of the interview, and with whom?
- Interview with recruiter - 30-45 min.
- Technical interview with CTO - 45-60 min.
- System design interview + team - 60-90 min.
- Reference check.
- Interview with CEO - 1 hour.
- Is there a test assignment? - No
- Is the interview in English? - No
- Who reviews resumes? - CTO
If you like the vacancy, please send us your CV.