— DevOps Lead
We are looking for a DevOps Lead in a Massive product startup, fully remote.
Further - more, in the Q&A.
What are we doing?
We built a new business model for the internet. The Massive SDK is an alternative to current online monetization. The SDK lets developers charge their users for premium services and in-app items with a little bit of their unused computing resources, rather than ads or money.
The SDK works by analyzing available resources across Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS devices and making that supply accessible to computing needs on the demand side, including scientific calculations, cryptocurrency mining, Monte Carlo simulations, and bandwidth sharing.
Why are we doing this?
The startup’s goal is to build a two-sided marketplace for compute power. That means lots more users offering up a slice of their computing power, future acceptance of mobile devices, and a broader partner list.
Why join Massive?
- We’re solving some of the biggest networking and infrastructure challenges to help re-decentralized the internet. You’ll work on novel projects that grow your expertise and your innovation is welcome.
- Work when you want, from where you want. Our northstar is the quality and impact of work. We encourage finding the smartest ways to solve problems, rather than the most arduous.
- We’re a fully distributed team. Work from wherever you want (as long as you have good bandwidth).
- Our leadership team is comprised of serial entrepreneurs. We’ve built successful companies and aim to create a relaxed environment where engineers can focus on the projects that keep them happy and challenged at work.
What professional skills are important to us?
- 5-7 years of experience in a technical role, comfortable working with a team of senior peers.
- Experience in start-ups or with new product development is highly desired.
- At least 3 years of expertise in AWS services, including Lambda, API Gateway, CloudWatch, Route53, EC2, S3, PostgreSQL RDS, and Aurora, with a focus on smooth scaling, resiliency, cost analysis and optimization.
- Strong experience with infrastructure-as-code, specifically Terraform.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with TLS and HTTP proxy configurations.
- Excellent problem-solving, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Strong understanding of security best practices in cloud environments.
What to do in the project?
- Lead and manage the development and maintenance of our cloud infrastructure, ensuring high availability, security, and scalability.
- Collaborate closely with the engineering team to design, implement, and deploy new products and features.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (e.g., developers, product manager) to identify and address system bottlenecks and areas for improvement.
- Develop and implement strategies for continuous integration, continuous delivery, and continuous deployment (CI/CD) to support our software development lifecycle.
- Optimize our cloud infrastructure for cost, performance, and resilience.
- Monitor and troubleshoot system performance, security, and network issues.
- Develop and maintain documentation for infrastructure, processes, and procedures.
Why was the position opened?
Our company is growing, and experienced specialists are needed.
Team size and structure?
Up to 20 team members
Who are the people who make the technical decisions on the project?
Jason Grad, Co-founder and CEO: Top-1% Yelp sales rep and founding member of Yelp’s national sales team; founder of 2 successfully acquired venture-backed startups, Cheerful and RCVR
Brian Kennish, Co-founder and CTO: Pre-IPO Google engineer, on the teams that launched Google’s first 3 APIs then the Chrome browser; developer of 7 subsequent apps with 1M+ active users, including Disconnect (privacy software available on ~1B users’ computers) and Adblock Fast (an ad blocker with 10M+ users)
Do you need English, and at what level?
Upper-Intermediate and higher. The primary language of communication in the company is English.
- Is there a trial period, and how long does it last? - Trial period lasts 3 months.
- Overtime, how often? - We don’t have a special policy about overtime, as long as your job gets done.
- What is the work schedule? - Flexible working hours. We have a couple of meetings in a week at 7-8 p.m Kyiv time.
- Is it possible to work remotely? - It's a fully remote job.
- A number of vacation days? - Unlimited sick and vacation days (with at least two weeks notice provided)
- Is there a prospect of business trips, and where? - Not foreseen soon.
- Social package (medical insurance, other): Medical insurance reimbursement, compensation of home setup, equity incentive plan (when the company wins, we all win together)
- Is there a test task? - No.
- Interview in English? - Yes.
How many stages of the interview?
- Intro call with a recruiter (15-20 min) (optional)
- CV approved by the teamQuestionnaire
- Interview with manager (30-60 min)
- Interview with CEO (30 -60 min)
- Technical interview (2x60 min)
If you like the vacancy, please send us your CV.