We are looking for a Data Engineer in a RBI Retail Innovation.
Who are we?
RBI Retail Innovation (Ukraine) is a company that creates its digital banking products for Central and Eastern European countries. RBI Retail Innovation is part of the global team of the largest commercial and investment bank Raiffeisen Bank International (Vienna, Austria).
What are we doing?
We are changing the culture of digital banking in the world by creating products based on technological innovations. Our team is responsible for the design, delivery and post-delivery of next-generation digital banking applications. The goal is to create a comfortable bank without physical branches, a “bank in your pocket”, for clients in all countries where Raiffeisen Bank International is represented.
Products we are currently working on:
- Lending app with over 3 million users for the Polish market (launched January 2022)
- Daily banking app for the Romanian market
- We plan to launch a product for the Bulgarian market by the end of 2022
What makes us special and why should you join us?
- We have moved away from the corporate enterprise culture, introducing startup approaches and product ownership philosophy into RBI Retail Innovation
- People-centered: focus on team members, rather than processes
- No legacy systems, and the ability to participate in the development of products and processes from scratch
- Freedom to choose technologies and work approaches
- Interaction with HQ in Vienna, the ability to impact the launch of products from a business point of view
- Easiness as the core value: we are looking for easy people to create easy products to simplify and improve the user experience of bank customers
How old is the project? What stage is it at?
The project is 1 year old, and we have big development plans.
What interesting problems are we currently working on?
Development of a new Data platform based on the latest technologies.
What will be your area of responsibility?
- Developing a data platform
- Data lake design, data warehousing
- Building data pipelines – transferring, transforming, and storing data
- Building a common solution for automation of data pipelines, writing data frameworks for a new platform
What professional skills are important to us?
- 3+ years of experience as data engineer
- Experience programming in Python / Scala, and writing SQL queries.
- In-depth experience with Apache Spark (or Databricks / AWS Glue / AWS EMR)
- Thorough experience with Apache Airflow
- Experience with AWS (S3, Lambda, Athena) or other cloud solutions
- Understanding the work of date platforms, the desired experience of their construction
- Experience in ETL and building Data Pipelines
- Experience with Data Lakes
Will be a plus:
- Experience with data warehouse design
- Professional certification from cloud services such as AWS Certification
- Knowledge of data visualization tools – Qlik Sense, Power BI
- Experience in implementing Data Governance, Data Catalog and Data Quality
What personal qualities should our future colleague have?
- Ability to work autonomously and without constant micromanagement
- Proactive approach to work, desire to invest in and develop the product
- Desire to constantly learn
- Sociability, ability to formulate and convey ideas
Team size and structure:
The team is distributed. We have colleagues in Germany, Cyprus, Ukraine, etc. The team consists of 70 people, mostly IT specialists, 8 business representatives, and 2 project managers. Data Stream includes 2 Data Analytics, 2 Data Engineers, and Team Lead. After the launch of the new platform (by the end of 2022), we plan to strengthen the Machine Learning team with new specialists.
Remotely. Before the war, there were two modern hubs in Ukraine – in Kyiv and Rivne. Currently, the one in Rivne is open, so you can work from the office if you wish.
In early May, we will open an office in Bratislava (Slovakia) with the possibility of relocation and assistance with legalization issues.
Is English required and at what level?
Optional. If you wish, you can participate in HQ calls in Vienna.
Why was the position opened?
We are growing as a business and expanding our team to support this growth.
Who works with us:
- Anton Bondar - Data Management Lead
- Oleksiy Fedorchuk - Data Engineer
- Serhii Pryvala - Data Engineer
Who are the people that make technical decisions?
Directly Ukrainian team of the RBI RI.
- Is there a probation period and how long does it last? – 3 months. We are ready to consider a 2-month option for strong specialists.
- What is the work schedule? – From 10 to 19. There is a possibility to be flexible in working hours, while you still need to stay in touch.
- We work on scrum – two-week sprints, daily-s.
- Amount of vacation days, sick days? – 20 paid working days of vacation, 10 sick days + more sick days by agreement with the Team Lead.
- Is there a possibility of business trips, and where? – Not planned.
- Medical insurance from the day of start.
- Benefits: group English courses, 100% coverage of advanced training courses, new MacBook gadgets
- Is there a test task? – No.
- Interview in English? – No.
- How many interview stages? – One stage in the format of combined HR (10-15 minutes) and technical interview (45-50 minutes). The technical part involves theoretical questions followed by live coding.
If you like the vacancy, please send us your CV.