Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
We are looking for a Chief Technology Officer (CTO) to join our jewelry and luxury goods company Glamira.
What are we doing?
With a strong team of 650 people and its worldwide e-commerce infrastructure, Glamira manages all processes from design to the last stage of production with a boutique approach. Operating in 65 countries with offices in 8 countries, including Germany, Switzerland, USA, England, Norway, Australia, Bulgaria, and Turkey, and 76 online stores.
Why are we doing this?
Since its establishment, the jewelry brand Glamira has been working to perfect every special and emotional moment of its users, based on quality and trust. Believing that everyone is special and unique, Glamira produces designs that give freedom of personalization.
Why was the position opened?
As we want our business to scale up from a global online jewelry store to the world's leading Luxury Brand, we face a need to empower our technical teams with a true technical leader. Given our plans to launch new perspective dimensions such as blockchain, AR, gamification, and metaverse we need CTO’s technical support.
What professional skills do we expect?
- Technical C-level experience, with an emphasis on the product skillset
- The e-commerce experience is a must
- Experience in solutions architecture creating a scalable reliable infrastructure
- Proven experience managing highly engaging products in a fast-paced early-stage scale-up environment
- A commercially minded technologist with a broad business perspective in e-commerce companies
- Experience managing distributed teams and comfortable working in multiple time zones
What else is crucial for us?
- Strong leadership skills
- Good communication skills. You are able to explain complex ideas to stakeholders at many levels
- Troubleshooting skills
- Excel at ownership. You take responsibility for the success of the technical teams
- Drive to innovation
What to do in the project?
- Leading the company with technical expertise including implementing new technologies like blockchain, AR, gamification, etc.
- Guiding the teams with the software development experience, helping them to grow via mentoring, and dealing with the most complex challenges and cutting-edge technologies
- Ensuring the teams are well-structured and managed efficiently to drive high-quality and fast delivery of the product roadmap. i.e. Architecture, UX/UI Design, QA, Software Development, Data Engineering, and Implementation, etc.
- Organizing workflow and setting up efficient communication between distributed technical teams
- Architecting technology solutions from scratch with the ability to build up a world-class system architecture that is reliable, secure, and scalable.
- Skills in system integration and DevOps
- Relevant experience in large enterprises and liaison with senior executives
Team size and where is it based?
We have 3 mid-size technical teams in Turkey, Bulgaria and Vietnam with tech leads, backend, frontend developers, data scientists, QAs, BAs, etc.
You will also interact with cross-functional teams and chief officers in branding, marketing, data, etc.
Do we need English, and what proficiency?
As Glamira is global, at least Upper-Intermediate is a must, both in verbal and written communication.
What interesting challenges are you going to face?
Creating virtual showrooms and a mobile application for our customers in more than 80 countries
- Is there a probation period, and how long does it last? - Yes, 2 months.
- What is the work schedule? - from 8 am till 6 pm. We expect you to be available to CEO on urgent issues
- Is it possible to work remotely? - You may work remotely.
- What about business trips? We expect a candidate to work from Istanbul HQ when possible
- A number of vacation days, sick days? - We are ready to follow up labor legislation of a country of your residence
- Social package and benefits (medical insurance, other)? - We are ready to cover all the necessities. Quarterly bonuses are also included.
- Is there a test task? - No.
How many stages of the interview?
- Intro call with a recruiter (1 hour)
- Introduction to CEO (1 hour)
- Technical interview (1-1,5 hours)
- Final talk with CEO (1 hour)
If you like the vacancy, please send us your CV.